The skin, the largest organ in the body. The abnormal growth of skin cells is known as Skin cancer.
There are two main types of skin cancer.
1. Cancers that develop from melanocytes, the pigment-making cells of the skin, are called melanomas.
2. Skin cancers that are not melanoma are sometimes called non-melanoma skin cancers because they tend to act very differently from melanomas. The two most common kinds are:
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Track 1-1 Carcinogens
- Track 2-2 Melanoma
- Track 3-3 Nonmelanoma skin cancer
- Track 4-4 Pathophysiology
- Track 5-5 Diagnosis, prevention and treatment